United States Green Building Council
LEED Rating System v4 (USGBC)
LEED EQ prerequisites include compliance with ASHRAE 62.1 and require direct outdoor air monitoring on all VAV systems.
Green Building Initiative
Green Globes (GBI)
GBI focuses on energy, but also requires 62.1 compliance.
BENEFITS OF DIRECT INTAKE RATE CONTROL WITH DYNAMIC RESET USING EBTRON® AIRFLOW MEASUREMENT
- Accurate, reliable, and efficient method to minimize energy.
- Flexibility to adapt operational conditions, occupancy, code requirements, changes in buildingleakage and usage over time.
- Provides a key part of the solution strategy to help prevent damage due to mold growth in exteriorwall cavities.
- Just as useful with ERV’s and DOAS designs, as with traditional VAV and CAV systems (to compensatefor filter loading, stack effect, system effects or other dynamic changes that are not considered without a direct control input).
- Provides the ability to control and verify the mode and function of ventilation and/or pressurizationsystems during emergencies.
- Provides marketable benefits to the developer/owner – enhanced productivity and improved health -to prospects for leased space or for Owner-Occupied structure clients.
REDUCE ENERGY CONSUMPTION RATE
With improved performance and increased operating accuracy, air system components can be optimized to provide energy savings. Demand control ventilation (DCV) and pressure control provide additional avenues of energy savings. EBTRON® has various solutions that integrate into a building automation system to maximize energy savings.
IMPROVE IAQ AND THERMAL COMFORT
Sufficient ventilation and control effectiveness is critical to both IAQ and thermal comfort. Minimizing infiltration of humid air and outside temperatures prevents equipment cooling overload which adds to the humidity indoors and compounds the problem. EBTRON® pressurization flow monitoring prevents the excess humidity that short circuits the intake path and infiltrates through any opening available in the envelope. With EBTRON®’s verification of ventilation air quantities, the HVAC system can be controlled to optimize thermal comfort and IAQ without compromising outside air.